I never thought I would say this, but one of the hottest new trends is moss. Although I think this is a pretty cool trend, it makes me chuckle a bit because we get a lot of inquiries about how to get rid of moss in your lawn naturally. (Hint: the answer is not to kill it, but to change the surrounding environment…. Or, learn to like moss!)
But, this latest trend is not about moss in lawns, but moss on walls, in living spaces, and in other areas of life where one might not expect to see it. Let’s take a look at the evidence:
- Our own post (by guest blogger Maire Hunter) about how to make moss graffiti
- Inhabitat’s latest post 6 Ways to Spruce up Your Space Using Moss
- More than 30,000 moss-based crafts on Etsy. No, really.
- Moss Milkshake for those folks who actually want to grow moss instead of get rid of it
- Moss trends for weddings – I think some of these are super cool
What am I missing? What other moss trends have you seen lately? Have you tried any yourself?