In my line of work I am fortunate to interact with a lot of lawn geeks. Seriously, you wouldn’t believe some of the detailed questions I get. I like it because I get to be helpful, but I also often end up learning something at the same time. So, please consider this a tribute to all the lawn geeks out there. Like this guy…
You might be a lawn geek if….
- You have ever started a sentence with ^%#&ing bindweed / crabgrass / chokeweed / [insert evil weed nemesis here]
- You have spent hours looking for funny lawn pictures (that one might just be me..)
- You follow GreenerGreenGrass on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ (You know you want to…)
- You have your own worm bin to collect castings
- You brew compost tea, not English Breakfast
- You use a home-made device (AKA a tuna can) to measure rainfall and/or how much your sprinkler emits
- The word “Bermuda” does not make you think of a sunny island getaway or the Triangle of certain doom
- You get excited by the smell of manure being spread on your luscious green lawn
- You have ever trimmed a single grass blade with a pair of scissors (I’ve seen it happen…)
- You count the days until your soil test results arrive in the mail
What lawn geek behaviors do you have? I would love to add more to the list!